What does Alpha Lipoic Acid do?
Alpha lipoic acid; It is a fatty acid involved in energy metabolism in the cell. It is a powerful antioxidant.
What Are the Benefits of Alpha Lipoic Acid? The effect of ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid), its proven properties; we can list them as anti-aging, nerve damage removal, blood sugar control, weight loss.
· Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) And Anti Aging: Alpha lipoic acid increases oxygen consumption. Although this may seem like a simple change, oxygen consumption limits intracellular aging. Alpha lipoic acid; delays aging at the cell level, it provides many benefits in elderly people. · Alpha lipoic Acid and Diabetic Nerve Damage: In patients with diabetes; bad blood sugar levels damage the nerves at the ends of the body. In the long term, this damage; causes chronic wounds, impaired quality of life. As such, it is of great importance to protect people with diabetes from nerve damage and to correct the nerve damage that has occurred.
·Alpha Lipoic Acid and Weight Loss: Alpha lipoic acid has a positive effect on the weight loss process. ALA consumption; Studies have shown that it reduces appetite. SUPERB; It succeeds in reducing appetite by sending a false message "there is enough calorie intake" to the satiety center in the brain. The brain, on the other hand, responds to this message by reducing the appetite. Alpha lipoic acid; It is used in people who have eating disorders and who constantly feel hunger.
· It Has Many Antioxidant Properties: It contains much more antioxidants than other antioxidants, such as vitamin C and vitamin E.
· Extends the Lifespan of Cells: There is a study by the University of Berkeley that the life span of cells can be extended if Alpha Lipoic acid and L – Carnitine are used together. With this feature, it slows down skin aging.
· Helps Energy Metabolism: When your body consumes food; These foods need to be digested and broken down into building blocks. B vitamins help in this regard.ALA; By providing energy from carbohydrates, proteins and fats, it helps the energy mechanism that organs and systems need to perform their duties. Its involvement in the energy mechanism also enables alpha lipoic acid to help relieve chronic fatigue and weakness.
· Effect on Cancer: Alpa lipoic acid, which provides the highest level of protection against by-products formed after the use of oxygen, can cross the cell membrane as it is soluble in fat and plays a preventive role against cancer by protecting the genetic code in the cell and preventing this code from being mutated. In addition, some researches; It reveals findings that it increases the homocysteine level in cancer cells by strengthening the immune system in the fight against cancer, thus causing the death of cancerous cells.
· Effect on HIV, Glaucoma, Liver Diseases: As a result of the researches; test tubes show that ALA can inhibit the growth of the HIV virus. However, it is not certain whether the same result will have the same effect on humans. However, although it is not certain, it is possible to say that there is a possibility of benefit in the treatment of diseases such as glaucoma, liver diseases and HIV with ALA supplementation.
· Liver Diseases: In cases of other liver diseases and hepatitis, alpha lipoic acid will help protect and heal the liver by protecting the liver against harmful cell changes. With a study in 2010, alpha lipoic acid shows a positive effect against the side effects of drugs used in the treatment of tuberculosis on the liver. In addition, alpha lipoic acid is used in the treatment of hepatitis C and the treatment of amanita poisoning, which is a very dangerous mushroom.